Who Am I?
My name is Ellie Strejlau(This is pronounced Stray-low with the last syllable sounding like “ow” or “ouch”.). I’m a mom, wife and software developer from New York. I specialize in web application architecture and hold both a Bachelor and Master of Science in Computer Programming and Information Systems.
What Makes Me... Me
- My fondness for programming started out as a hobby in 1999 and I haven’t grown tired of it (yet).
- I am a nearly stereotypical introvert; I tend to be introspective, value deep conversation, and need alone time to recharge.
- I also really appreciate good food, drink, and games with loved ones.
- I am a rule follower and hold myself to high standards.
- I’m not super opinionated on many things.
- When I do have an opinion about something, I appreciate being able to give that input.
- I strongly value my personal space. If I let you into it, that means I trust you.
- I act weird and use profanity around people who know me best.
- This should go without saying, but always treat others with respect.
- There is no such thing as over-communication.
- When working with a team, use the team chat room as much as possible. Avoid private 1-1 chats.
- The best kind of feedback is timely and detailed.
- Give people space to create. Treat colleagues like the adults that they are.
- A healthy work-life balance is always a requirement and varies depending on the person.
Strengths: Empathy, humility, and brevity
Weaknesses: Difficult conversations, self-advocacy, and confrontation
Hobbies: Cooking, baking, playing video games, and reading
Seasons: Autumn or winter
Story Genres: Historical Non-Fiction, True Crime, Science Fiction, Mystery